YOUR BENEFITS – A VOICE IN SACRAMENTO
A full-time Executive Director, 24 person volunteer board & professional
lobbyist working hard for your organization to increase state arts funding, promote arts-friendly legislation, oppose legislation that threatens artists and arts organizations and develop arts policies.
Thanks for your interest in supporting California Arts Advocates! Membership in California Arts Advocates, a 501(c)4 organization, is for organizations and is not tax-deductible as a charitable contribution. Your dues contribute to the direct costs of conducting our advocacy and lobbying efforts in support of the arts. CAA’s membership dues are based on your organization’s annual operating budget, and your membership will be active for one year from the day you join.
NOTE: If you wish to support our efforts as an individual or you can only support 501(c)3 organizations, please join our sister organization, Californians For The Arts, a 501(c)3, where your dues will be a tax-deductible charitable contribution.
CAA accomplishments in 2020-21 include:
- Lobbied and secured over $600 million in historic investments in arts, culture & live events in California 21-22 budget
- Lobbied and secured an arts representative at the table for the Governor’s Jobs & Business recovery task force during the COVID19 pandemic.
- Met regularly with the Newsom Administration and CDPH to negotiate re-opening guidelines for live events and performing arts organizations.
- Built a coalition with NIVA CA and CA Assoc of Museums to lobby for a $1 Billion investment in the recovery of arts, culture & live events industries/workforce
- Lobbied and secured $50 million for Cultural Institutions as part of the CA Relief Grant program.
- Published clear statewide Legislative and Budget Requests to unify the sector during budget season.
- Set a new record and increased the number of letters sent through our templated system by over 300% reaching every CA state legislative district.
- Offered toolkits local advocacy for emergency relief funds for artists and nonprofits
- Testified numerous times in Assembly and Senate hearings.
- Socialized language that artists are essential workers, 2nd responders in a crisis as recognized in a CA Resolution (SC 40)
- Sponsored CA Creative Workforce Act, SB 628(Allen) which just passed in the Senate.
CAA ONLINE MEMBERSHIP FORM
Please submit this online membership form, and then scroll down to the next section below to make your membership payment online. Thank you!
CAA ONLINE MEMBERSHIP PAYMENT
CAA membership dues are based on your organization’s annual budget. Membership is good for one year from the day you join.
Membership dues levels are suggested with a range based upon the annual expense budget of your organization. Please donate to the best of your abilities. Please check your organization’s budget level and click below to donate online or submit your payment by mail.
Budget $10 million+ — DUES $2,500 – $5,000
Budget $5 – 9.99 million — DUES $1,500 – $2,500
Budget $2 – $4.999 million — DUES $1,000 – $1,500
Budget $1 – $1.999 million — DUES $500 – $1,000
Budget $500,000 – $999,000 — DUES $275 -$500
Budget $250,000 – $499,000 — DUES $200- $275
Budget $100,000 – $249,000 — DUES $100 – $200
Budget Under $100,000 — DUES $50 – $100
CLICK BELOW TO PAY DUES ONLINE
SUBMIT YOUR CAA MEMBERSHIP FORM & PAYMENT BY MAIL
If you prefer not to submit your membership form and payment online, you can join California Arts Advocates (or renew your membership) by downloading, completing, and returning the PDF form below:
Please email your completed membership form to California Arts Advocates at firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail the form and your payment to us at the following address:
California Arts Advocates
915 L Street, C-422
Sacramento, CA 95814