YOUR BENEFITS – A VOICE IN SACRAMENTO
A full-time Executive Director, 24 person volunteer board & professional
lobbyist working hard for your organization to increase state arts funding, promote arts-friendly legislation, oppose legislation that threatens artists and arts organizations and develop arts policies.
Thanks for your interest in supporting California Arts Advocates! Membership in California Arts Advocates, a 501(c)4 organization, is for organizations and is not tax-deductible as a charitable contribution. Your dues contribute to the direct costs of conducting our advocacy and lobbying efforts in support of the arts. CAA’s membership dues are based on your organization’s annual operating budget, and your membership will be active for one year from the day you join.
NOTE: If you wish to support our efforts as an individual or you can only support 501(c)3 organizations, please join our sister organization, Californians For The Arts, a 501(c)3, where your dues will be a tax-deductible charitable contribution.
CAA accomplishments in 2020-21 include:
- Lobbied and secured over $600 million in historic investments in arts, culture & live events in California 21-22 budget
- Lobbied and secured an arts representative at the table for the Governor’s Jobs & Business recovery task force during the COVID19 pandemic.
- Met regularly with the Newsom Administration and CDPH to negotiate re-opening guidelines for live events and performing arts organizations.
- Built a coalition with NIVA CA and CA Assoc of Museums to lobby for a $1 Billion investment in the recovery of arts, culture & live events industries/workforce
- Lobbied and secured $50 million for Cultural Institutions as part of the CA Relief Grant program.
- Published clear statewide Legislative and Budget Requests to unify the sector during budget season.
- Set a new record and increased the number of letters sent through our templated system by over 300% reaching every CA state legislative district.
- Offered toolkits local advocacy for emergency relief funds for artists and nonprofits
- Testified numerous times in Assembly and Senate hearings.
- Socialized language that artists are essential workers, 2nd responders in a crisis as recognized in a CA Resolution (SC 40)
- Sponsored CA Creative Workforce Act, SB 628(Allen) which just passed in the Senate.
CAA ONLINE MEMBERSHIP FORM
Click the button below to become a member or keep your membership active with California Arts Advocates! Memberships is valid for one year from join date and is open to organizations and individuals.
SUBMIT YOUR CAA MEMBERSHIP FORM & PAYMENT BY MAIL
If you prefer not to submit your membership form and payment online, you can join California Arts Advocates (or renew your membership) by downloading, completing, and returning the PDF form below:
Please email your completed membership form to California Arts Advocates at email@example.com OR mail the form and your payment to us at the following address:
California Arts Advocates
915 L Street, C-422
Sacramento, CA 95814